Thursday 20 February 2014

- My last project -

My last art project was music-based.  I drew a few portraits of musicians as part of my idea development, as well as exploring the link between tattoos and music.  Below are some examples, including some final works showing the contrast between musicians from a bygone era and more modern and traditional patterns such as henna and Maori Tā moko designs:



As you can see, my Amy Winehouse and Lana Del Rey drawings are fairly realistic, having drawn them as studies from photos.  The Elvis and Ella Fitzgerald drawings were far quicker studies, as well as having the patterned additions - to Elvis, I added Maori-inspired Tā Moko designs in gold, and to Ella I added Henna-inspired designs in silver.

Aims:
  • I would like to develop my pattern studies for my next project, perhaps researching a different form of patterning, and possibly still link portraiture into this.


No comments:

Post a Comment