Thursday 13 February 2014

- Portraiture -

To begin, I should probably make known the fact that I love to draw portraits, namely of friends, relatives and celebrities.  I have drawn many a portrait or commission over the past few months, and hope to continue developing my skills in the coming year.

Below is an example of a drawing I am very proud of, featuring the two main protagonists from the television series Breaking Bad - Jesse Pinkman on the left (played by Aaron Johnson) and Walter White on the right (played by Bryan Cranston).  I feel as if I have adequately portrayed their intense stares and grim expressions.  I used a range of pencils with hardness ranging from HB to 8B.



Some aims for developing my portraiture drawing:
  • Practise drawing with coloured pencil/other mediums
  • Draw more full bodies

No comments:

Post a Comment