Sunday 6 April 2014

- Mono & two-colour prints - 

I used print-outs of the edited Dia de los Muertos-inspired makeup photographs I took in order to create some monoprints, both using one and two colours of ink.

To create monoprints, I rolled a small amount of intaglio ink onto a glass surface using a roller.  I then spread this out until sticky, before gently laying a piece of newsprint paper on top with one of the photographs attached to the top.  I then used the end of a paintbrush to draw over the lines and some of the details in the images, in order to create a imprint of this photo in ink.  I then carefully peeled the paper away from the ink and a print was created.

For two colours, I repeated this method but laid the paper onto a different colour of ink that had been rolled out.  I chose to only draw in some of the features from the photo this time.

I think that some of the prints worked beautifully, whereas others not so well; however, I will work into these prints using ink or pen to add more detail.

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment