Monday 28 April 2014

Tim Walker - flowers/nature adornments

Thinking about facial and beauty adornments led me to consider the option of natural accessories, such as flowers, insects and even animals.

I discovered some work of the fashion photographer Tim Walker on reading a fashion blog, after realising I had seen much of his work before.  Walker is renowned for using bizarre, ethereal and fantasy landscapes in his work, including many models of (and some real) flowers and insects.  Below are a few of his works which particularly stood out to me.






I also discovered this fashion photo of a model by Ben Toms, using butterflies and butterfly wings as a mask similar to a masquerade one.


I would quite like to create a portrait with butterflies, possibly in coloured pencil as that is a medium I have not used before in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment