Thursday 10 April 2014

New idea - "masks"

I created two new face paint looks on two subjects - the first inspired by comic book art style, with bold colours and black lines to emphasise features, and the second simply a burst of colour and patterns.  Below are photographs of the process as well as the final results.

 



 


After creating these face paint pieces, I decided I wanted to further explore masks or facial masking as a much broader yet detailed idea for my project.  I shall research 'masks' or forms of masking in different cultures and within different countries, as well as creating pieces from these - mainly drawn portraits, but I will attempt to incorporate colour and possibly paint too.

I shall post regular updates of portraits I have started as well as research into masks of other cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment